The Felner Tennis Academy was born from a partnership with the Tennis Club of Caldas da Rainha (CTCR), responsible for managing the facilities.
The Tennis Club of Caldas da Rainha is one of the oldest and most charismatic tennis clubs in the country. It was officially founded on March 27, 1955, but the history of tennis in this city is much older and goes back to the end of the monarchy. In 1943, tennis was already very energized by foreign Second World War refugees, who settled in the five existing hotels in Caldas da Rainha.
The Tennis Club of Caldas da Rainha has developed a remarkable growth in terms of students, facilities and activities. Nowadays, the CTCR has about 550 members, more than 60 players who actively participate in national and international competitions in all age groups and in different circuits (Tennis Europe, ATP, WTA, ITF).
In 2013 Tennis Club of Caldas da Rainha won the title of Portuguese Champion Teams.